Between the norther slopes of Suva Planina and the southern slopes of Svrljig mountains, the Nišava River has cut the wonderful Sićevo Gorge. The gorge is an impressive part of the Nišava basin, 17 km long. The Sicevo Gorge is a real heaven for all lovers of untouched nature, rafting, alpinism, mountaineering and paragliding.
HOW TO GET THERE:
By bus: Bus no 18 , Nis- Sicevo (Bus station for local bus lines, near the main bus station, Djuke Dinic Street)
WHAT TO SEE:
- St. Mother of God Monastery - on the main road to Sofia
- The Church of St. Petka - in the nearby village of Ostrovic
- Hydroelectric power plant “Sveta Petka” is located in the gorge, and it was designed by Nikola Tesla and ĐorđeStanojević. It was started up in 1908 and is still used today to provide Niš with electricity, and since 2014 it has been a part of a tourist tour “Nikola Tesla Ways” and has been open for public (Please make an appointment before visit: +381 64 831 3353
- View point at the Sicevo village – when you go to the end of the Sicevo village (next to the football playground) you will discover the best view on the Sicevo Gorge and the best place for selfie photo in this area.
WHAT TO DO:
- Trekking, hiking, free climbing, mountaineering, kayaking:
Nature travel office
Phone: +381 69 20 10 180, +381 69 445 35 45
- Paragliding - A paragliding trail Sićevo is one of the best terrains in Europe when it comes to its climate and geographic conditions
Paragliding club Grunf
Phone: +381 64 1583131, + 381 64 5604913
Phone: + 381 63 33620