The archeological site Mediana is located on what was once the Roman road “Via militaris”, today the road E-80 (Nis-Sofia). The estate occupies 40 hectares, and exhibits the remains of a granary, craft centre, villas , thermae, and the remains of ancient villa with peristyle with rich mosaics. Most mosaics exhibit geometrical or floral motifs, while two mosaics presenting figures - the head of the Medusa and a semi-prostrate figure of a river deity (probably Neptune). The museum, located on the estate, contains sculptures and portraits of Roman gods and goddesses, utensils for daily use (bowls, pitchers, lamps) and remnants of lead pipes used to provide healing hot water from the nearby Niska Banja (Nis Spa). Some coins and utensils from Mediana are now available in the Archeological Hall of Nis National Museum.
Mediana is closed!
Phone: +381 18 550 433
- · Adults – Mediana, The Scull Tower, Concentration Camp - 150,00 rsd
- · Adults – Arheological Hall - 130,00 rsd
- · Scolars and students / Mediana, The Scull Tower, Concentration Camp / 130,00 rsd
- · Scolars and students / Arheological Hall
- · Group tickets for all objects of National Museum – scolars and students - 170,00 rsd
- · Group tickets for all objects of National Museum – adults - 200,00 rsd
In your opinion which event attracts the most tourists in our city?
- Filmski susreti
- Dani bureka