Officers House


BASIC INFO:

At the beginning of the First World War, Officers Club became the seat of parliamentary and political life in Serbia. Of many decisions voted here, the most important was the Niš Declaration (12.7.1914) which proclaimed the decision on uniting Serbs, Croats and Slovenes into one state – The Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

LOCATION: Jeronimova 2

MORE INFO:

A building of the tavern then named “Bulevar” was built in the center of the city, beside the park near the Nišava River in 1890 and it became the center of social and cultural life in Niš by the end of the 19th century. At the beginning of 1903, the Military Authorities of the City bought the building and named it Officers Club.